The staff of MRPDC assists and advises local governments, Industrial Development Authorities (IDAs), Chambers of Commerce, the Mount Rogers Development Partnership/Virginia’s aCorridor, Southwest Virginia's Blue Ridge Travel Association, community colleges and small business development centers, various non-profit community service providers, and private individuals with data and mapping services, strategic planning, marketing, and research for promoting the region as a desirable place to live and work.
Specific services offered include, but are not limited to:
• Economic data compilation & dissemination
• Grant application assistance for economic development oriented projects and tourism via the federal grant programs of the Economic Development Administration (EDA), Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC), Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program of the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development (VDHCD), Virginia Tobacco Commission, and U.S. Department of Agriculture Rural Development (RD) loans & grants
• Comprehensive plans for local governments as required by the Code of Virginia
• GIS mapping for industrial sites
• Census tract maps for the banking industry & others
• Feasibility studies
• Strategic planning & group facilitation
• Project development and administration
• Website design and maintenance
Visit Virginia's aCorridor for available sites and buildings in the Mount Rogers region.
Local Economic Development Offices
State and Regional Economic Development